Monday, May 23, 2011

Everything in Moderation

Cook Cook Cook...

Life has been terribly busy lately, and I haven't been cooking very much. But the few things that I have had time to cook lately have been rather adventurous!

Zach and I rarely eat shrimp... I used to make a very rich (and delicious) shrimp pasta that was full of butter, oil and garlic. Now I have made a revamped version of this dish...






Oooohh.... Israeli Cous Cous with shrimp, mushrooms and grape tomatoes. No butter, No oil. Unbelievably good, less than 350 calories per serving. BOOYA!

Instead of using any butter or oil I sauteed the shrimp and mushrooms in Butter flavored PAM spray. I added lots of garlic powder, salt, and pepper for flavor, and a good chunk of low fat grated Parmesan cheese. yum yum yum.


On the other end of the healthy spectrum we have: party food. Some friends of ours had quite the big hurray a few weekends ago as their last party in their fratty apartment. I, per usual, was not planning on showing up to this even empty handed. So Zach and I showed up, with beer and snacks in tow! I made... drum roll.... home made SOFT PRETZELS. Oh my goodness. How amazing. They were just so delicious. Slightly difficult to make- but absolutely scrumptious and extremely cheap!! Some of the pretzels were a little on the ugly side- the old ladies at Auntie Ann's make making that signature pretzel shape look far more easy than it is! These were not low calorie- low fat - low carb or low anything- just a wonderful party snack. I most certainly plan to make these again!



Let me know if you want recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment